St Charles County Master Gardeners
Click on address for map.
Master Gardener Level 1 Training
Arrive one hour prior to start of training
Set Up room
· Turn on heat/air conditioning or adjust thermostats up or down, as applicable (there are 2 thermostats).
· Set out tent cards and attendance sheet on table at entrance of room (which will be on the island in the kitchen).
· Make decaf coffee, coffee pot is located under the island in the cabinet.
· Make 2 pitchers of ice water—pitchers found in cabinet above sink on the right side—keep refreshing during class.
· Set out bowls of assorted snacks (snacks will be in a large plastic container, which will be on the island in kitchen).
· Set out hot/cold cups, coffee creamer, sugar, sugar substitutes, stirrers, they are found in the left side cabinet, left of the sink.
· Make sure audio-visual equipment is set up and ready for instructor.
· Check the demo garden work days so you can share dates/times with trainees
· Make sure trainee check themselves in on the attendance sheet found on clipboard.
· Material for trainees who missed a previous class are kept in a white, three ring binders, marked: “Extra paperwork from previous classes”
· Notify trainee of the demo garden workday schedule for the week
· Assist instructor and trainees as needed
· Take pictures of the classroom, trainees, hands on exercises, instructor. Please share with office staff.
· Collect tent cards, attendance sheet and clip board and binder with paperwork in the box marked “Master Gardener Level 1”
· Assist trainees to break down room; returning tables and chairs to the rack. (there will be a note on clipboard if table and chairs can be left up.)
· Return thermostats to their standby state, follow instructions posted on wall by thermostats.
· Clean up kitchen and refreshments.
· Put all edible snack items in plastic large container, put container in hallway on file cabinet
· Break down audio-visual equipment and put on cart and wheel into hallway.
· Rinse out coffee makers and let air dry, upside down on island.
· Empty trash in dumpster outside
· Turn off lights, check bathrooms, and lock the door as you leave. (lock only the door lock not dead bolt )
If you have any problems or concerns, please call the office in the morning.